Back to my blog space after a long break 🙂 . With my hectic schedule ,hardly getting time to cook. But finally made some time to post this healthy and simple recipe.Sometimes,a simple dish is all you need after a long work day 🙂 . I bet nothing can beat a bowl of hot dal/stew mixed with rice and ghee. Check this simple yet tasty recipe.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
No of Servings: 4
Amarnath Leaves: 1 big bunch
Toor dal: 3/4 cup
Tamarind Pulp: Big gooseberry size.
Rice Flour: 1 tbsp.
Green Chili: 1-2
Red Chili: 1
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp.
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp.
Methi Seeds: 5-8
Curry Leaves: Few
Oil: 3 tbsp.
Salt: As per taste
Red chili powder: 1 tsp.
Water: 1/2 cup
- Wash and cut amarnath leaves thoroughly. Cook them along with toor dal, green chilies and sliced onions in a pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile make a thick paste (approx. ½ cup) with 1 gooseberry size of tamarind.
- Transfer cooked dal to a bowl and add tamarind pulp ,salt ,red chili powder and turmeric to it.
- Add 1/2-3/4 cup water to get right consistency and let it cook for 10-12 mins on a medium flame.
- If it’s too watery, add rice flour paste ( mix 1 tbsp. of rice flour in water without any lumps) to the stew and let it cook for 1-2 mins.
- Turn off heat and finally add seasoning to it .
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp. of oil and add cumin, mustard seeds, methi seeds, red chili and curry leaves.
- When they start crackling, add hing and then transferred it to stew/pulusu.