It’s been a long time that I posted anything on the blog. Was busy adjusting to new place and job. Recently, made a simple snack for my little munchkin (he is becoming more demanding now 😛 ) and wanted to share this with you all. I’m big fan of moong dal kosambari made by my grandma.But my hubby and my son doesn’t like moong dal very much. Then, I tried this out and they liked it instantly :). Hope you would love this healthy snack too!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
No of Servings: 2
Sweet Corn: 1 1/2 cup
Green Chili: 1 (As per taste)
Grated coconut: 2 tbsp.
Grated carrot: 1 tbsp.
Curry Leaves: few
Salt: as per taste
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp.
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp.
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp.
Oil: 1 tbsp.
- Wash sweetcorn and microwave them with 1/4 cup of salt water for 5-6 minutes. I have used frozen corn.
- Let them cool down and drain the extra water from it.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp. of oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When they start crackling, add green chili, curry leaves and hing.
- Add grated coconut ,carrot and salt to it.
- Stir it for a minute and turn off heat.
- Transfer the seasoning to the bowl of sweetcorn.
- Add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice to it and mix it well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.