I’m back with an exciting breakfast recipe. I have borrowed this recipe from my colleague. She tries a lot of quinoa recipes and I liked this one particularly as this healthy and no need to ferment the batter (so simple!!!). To make it more exotic, I decided to make masala dosa with it. I followed my mom’s way of making masala dosas. My family loved these dosas and in fact these tasted better than regular ones. So, try this out for sure !!!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
No of Servings: 6
Quinoa: 1 Cup
Urad Dal: 1 Cup
Rice: 1 Cup
Chana Dal: ¼ cup
Methi Seeds: 8-10 seeds
Salt: as per taste
Potatoes: 2 (Medium)
Green Chili: 1
Salt: as per taste
Chana Dal: 1 tbsp.
Urad Dal: 1 tbsp.
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp.
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp.
Curry Leaves: Few
Cashew nuts: few
Oil: 2 tbsp.
Roasted Chana Dal: Handful
Red Chili: 1
Salt: As per taste
Tamarind Pulp: 1 tsp.
- Soak urad dal, rice, methi seeds and quinoa for at least 5 hours.
- Wash them and grind it to fine batter.
- Add salt and water to get required consistency. Batter is ready for use and no need to ferment this.
- Cook potatoes in a pressure cooker.
- Cut onions, green chili.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp. of oil and add Chana dal, urad dal to it.
- When they start changing color, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, and turmeric and curry leaves to it.
- Now add green chili, cashew nuts. Fry them a little and add onions to it.
- Finally add mashed potatoes along with little water and salt.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Make a fine powder of roasted chana dal, red chili and salt.
- Add tamarind pulp to it and make a paste using little water.
Quinoa Masala Dosa Preparation:
- Heat tawa on medium flame.
- Sprinkle little water and brush the pan with half cut onion.
- Now pour a full spoon of batter and spread it evenly on pan.
- Add 1tsp.of oil to dosa.
- Brush it with spicy paste and add potato curry to it.
- After a minute, roll the dosa and take it in a plate.
- Serve it with chutney and sambar.