Finally this recipe made it on my blog after a long wait (after 8 months 🙂 !!!) .I first tried this recipe almost 7 years back for my hubby.It’s his favorite dish.This recipe was given by my colleague and I saved it since then.I love this with vegetable biryani but tastes good with Indian bread too. Try this authentic hyderabadi recipe for sure !!!
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
No of Servings:3
Green Chili: 5 (long)
Roasted Peanuts: 1/2 cup
Sesame seeds: 2 tbsp.
Coriander seeds: 1 tbsp.
Cumin Seeds: 1 tbsp.
Dry Coconut: 2 tbsp.
Tamarind pulp: 2 tbsp.
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp.
Red chili: 2
Salt: as per taste
Oil: 2 tbsp.
- Wash and cut the long chilies into 2 or 3 pieces. I didn’t slit it length wise to avoid extra hotness.
- Remove the seeds carefully.Shallow fry them and keep them aside.
- Dry roast peanuts, sesame seeds, coriander seeds ,cumin seeds,red chilies and dry coconut flakes.
- Make a paste of the mixture.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp. of oil and add mustard seeds to it.
- When they start to crackle, add onions,ginger garlic paste and turmeric to it and fry them.
- Now add the ground paste to it. Fry it till the raw smell goes off. Add 1/2 cup water and bring it to boil.
- Add tamarind pulp to it. Add little water to adjust the right consistency and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Finally add green chilies and salt to it and cook it for another 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve it with chapatis/rice.