Back with a simple yet healthy recipe. This is my friend’s recipe and it’s very easy to make. All you need is a fresh bunch of methi/fenugreek leaves to cook this. Methi adds very nice flavor to the dish and very less use of spices makes it my little one’s favorite. I have added mint leaves and cashews/raisins (as my hubby loves them) also to it.Try out this healthy recipe for sure.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Basmati Rice: 1 1/2 cup
Methi Leaves: 1 big bunch or 2 medium bunches
Pudina Leaves(optional): 1 bunch
Star anise: 1
Cashew Nut: 1 tbsp
Kismis/Raisin: 1 tbsp
Green chilies: 2-3
Cinnamon : 1 inch
Bay leaf: 1
Coriander powder: 1 tbsp.
Oil/Ghee: 2 tbsp
Salt: As per taste
Water: 2 1/2 cup
- Wash and soak rice for at least 1 hour.
- Wash methi and pudina leaves and keep it ready.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp. of ghee.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon,star anise and cardamom to it. Fry them a little.
- Now add cashew nuts and raisins to it and fry them.
- Add green chilies and onions to it and fry them.
- Add leaves and coriander powder and mix it well.Let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- Finally add rice and salt to it and let it cook for 15-20 minutes on very low flame.
- Turn off heat and serve it hot with raita.