I’m very excited to share my new recipe with you all. I never bought cranberries before and got it for the first time for this bhogi festival (as i couldn’t find regi pallu).I wanted to try something new with the left over cranberries and recollected the cranberry chutney that we ordered for our housewarming party a year back.We liked that chutney so much that I tried different versions with the flavors I remember and finally succeeded 🙂 . This is very simple to make and healthy too (when compared to other pickles). Try this different recipe for sure!
Serves : 4
Duration : 30 minutes
Cranberries : 2.5 cups
Tamarind Paste : 1 tsbp.
Fenugreek Seeds : 1.5 tbsp
Jaggery: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp.
Green Chili : 2
Oil : 4 tbsp.
Hing : pinch
Salt: as per taste
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: few
- Wash cranberries and wipe them.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds and make a fine powder of it.
- Add 2 tbsp. of oil to a pan and add cranberries to it.
- Add turmeric, curry leaves, green chilies to it and mix them well.
- Cranberries pop up and becomes mushy.
- Add salt,red chili powder, tamarind, jaggery and let it cook for 5-7 mins.
- When it starts oozing oil from sides add fenugreek powder to It and cook for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Add 2 tbsp. of oil to a pan and add mustard seeds to it . When they start to splutter, add hing and transfer it to the chutney and close the lid.It ensures that the aroma is not lost.
- Mix it and serve it with hot rice and ghee.
- Store it in a air tight container preferably glass and it can stay at room temperature for a week.